My latest infatuation is a light-sound stimulation machine called the BrainTap.
Ever since the CEO gave me a trial unit at a health conference this past spring, I've literally been using it every day for the past four months, and it has been a huge game-changer for rapid sleep onset, napping, meditation, airplane/car rides, fast-tracked meditation, and much more.
“BrainTapping” is a quick and easy way to optimize your brain’s peak potential—anytime, anywhere. Backed by neuroscience and research, BrainTap is proven to help people who experience high stress, difficulty sleeping, low energy, and other lifestyle challenges. BrainTap restores your ability, balance, and energy, allowing you to break through the overwhelm and thrive in overdrive. Instead of feeling exhausted and disheartened, you have a fit and resilient brain with clear, focused thinking, and the confidence to make better choices.
The BrainTap device uses light and sound stimulation to create a symphony of brainwave activity, a feeling of calm focus that’s just right for learning and productivity. Each session is designed with brainwave balance in mind. BrainTap’s exclusive neuro-algorithms gently and naturally guide your brain through a broad range of brainwave patterns, instead of just the alpha state. The result is a complete spectrum of brainwave activity.
In addition to the sonic effect in the audio sessions, the BrainTap headset delivers gentle light pulses that travel through the ear meridians and the retina, sending direct signals to the brain and guiding you into extraordinary brain states that would otherwise take years of disciplined effort to achieve. By listening to the varied frequencies and holographic music in BrainTap’s unique audio programs, you can enjoy a healthy and balanced state of brain fitness.
My guest on this podcast is Dr. Patrick Porter, the creator of BrainTap, and an award-winning author, educator, researcher, entrepreneur, and speaker.
In late 2020, Dr. Porter was the honored recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Interdisciplinary Association of Functional Neurosciences and Rehabilitation (IAFNR), and for good reason. Over a career spanning more than three decades, Dr. Porter has been on the cutting edge of brainwave entrainment technology. He was co-developer of the first personal light and sound brain training machine, voted “Best New Gadget of the Year” at the 1989 Consumer Electronics Show, and later developed one of the largest and most popular self-help franchises. He’s since become a highly sought-after expert within the neuroscience and personal improvement industries.
Additionally, Dr. Porter offers health providers a turnkey system for helping clients achieve better neurological performance and brain fitness. Dr. Porter is also the dean of mind-based studies at the International Quantum University of Integrative Medicine (IQUIM). Dr. Porter’s successes have been featured in NPR, The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, People, Entrepreneur, and INC, as well as ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and the Discovery Channel. His SleepRX program was voted the best sleep app of the year by Health magazine.
Dr. Porter is the author of the award-winning bestseller, Awaken the Genius: Mind Technology for the 21st Century, which was awarded “Best How-To Book of 1994” by the North American Book Dealers Exchange. Awaken the Genius has been translated into four languages and more than 150,000 copies have been sold globally. He also authored Discover the Language of the Mind and Thrive In Overdrive, How to Navigate Your Overloaded Lifestyle, among others. Dr. Porter’s entertaining speeches and seminars deliver the real-life, nuts-and-bolts concepts he used to turn his business ventures into multi-million dollar enterprises.
For ten years, Dr. Porter hosted his own show on WNIS radio in Norfolk, Virginia. Previously, he was the host of a Phoenix television show. As an independent consultant, he wrote Hidden Solutions and Awaken the Genius programs for the State of Arizona. He also created Mind-Over-Cancer, a guided visualization program used in medical facilities to assist patients receiving cancer treatment to better manage stress and side effects.
The producer of an arsenal of more than 1,200 audio-recorded motivational programs and narrated visualization sessions, Dr. Porter has also sold more than 3 million books and recordings worldwide, all uniquely designed to empower humanity. He earned his doctorate degree from Louisiana Baptist University in 1992 in Psychology of Christian Counseling and later became a licensed trainer of Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
Dr. Porter's newest brain-training platform, BrainTap, is distinctively designed to activate the brain’s neuroplasticity. The BrainTap headset uses light and sound technology in combination with Dr. Porter’s proprietary guided visualization audio sessions to help people achieve brain fitness, overcome stress, lose weight, stop smoking, manage pain, accelerate learning, enjoy superb sleep, and make any number of lifestyle improvements.
During our discussion, you'll discover:
-Dr. Porter's history of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)…06:50
- Inspired by father's alcoholism; stress-reduction seminar
- Combination of tech knowledge and mission to help people improve their lives
- Awaken the Genius, Patrick's first book
- As a Man Thinketh, by James Allen
- What we program into our minds becomes our reality
- Think And Grow Rich, by Napoleon Hill
- The Subconscious Mind, by Robert Daudish
-The psychology behind the voice options in the BrainTap…11:11
- NLP is an advanced form of hypnotherapy
- Light and sound guide into an altered state, then focus on positive psychology
- Podcast with Don Woods
-The founding story of the BrainTap…15:03
- SILS machine run by hand
- The person who invented the SILS machine passed away
- Patrick reverse engineered the machine to rebuild
- Newer tech allowed newer iterations of the machine to be tiny by comparison
- Cranial Nerve 2
- Awaken the Genius, by Patrick Porter
- Discover the Language of the Mind, by Patrick Porter
- Used it initially for pain control by triggering opioid receptors in the brain
-Nuts and bolts of how the BrainTap affects the brain…19:30
- Beta to alpha, to theta, to delta
- Theta is the phase we're most missing; brings about the deepest visualizations
- GABA is a precursor to DMT
- Study showed a high degree of gamma brain waves with the use of psilocybin
- We have out-of-body or “in the zone” experiences while utilizing gamma brain waves
- Brain makes neurotransmitters during sleep; high-quality sleep is critical for optimum performance
-How binaural beats are used in the BrainTap…23:42
- The brain tunes out to binaural beats after 3-4 minutes (neuroplasticity)
- Pattern changes in the binaural beats keep the brain on its toes so to speak
- Body goes into the stress response (shut down) while under stress
- Keep brain in the “divine healing” mode
-Why the earpiece produces light…28:36
- Meridians throughout the body where the energy flows
- Biophotaic light
- “The most under-prescribed nutrient is light”
- Energy moved through the ears allows energy to flow through the body's meridians
-Why blue light in the BrainTap does not affect sleep deleteriously…34:53
- 8 LEDs is not enough energy to disrupt sleep
- We need clean energy to sleep; the blue light provides such energy
-Isochronic tones explained…36:54
- Patrick blew out an eardrum in 2009; permanent ear damage
- Must have perfect hearing for binaural beats to work perfectly
- Natural sounds are isochronic tones
- The brain is always matching its environment
- Animals are in tune with nature; knew to run inland when a tsunami hit
- We're not in tune with nature
- Sitting in nature, equal to a theta brain wave state
- High-stress state (beta) encourages stress and fear
- Controlling emotional states without devices is the ultimate goal
- Fire is a great example of isochronic tone (10 hz)
-How music is chosen and utilized in the BrainTap…41:10
- Music is used to offset the right and left ears
- Trying to stress out the nervous system, in a positive way
- Trigger different regions of the brain
- Train the brain to create its own opioids
- Apollo wearable
-Entrainment and teaching the body to heal itself…44:18
- Synchronizing hemispheres; body feels at peace
- Music is good, but only has an effect while listening to it
- Music listened to with Brain Tap algorithms, brain took 72 hours to return to a stressed-out state
-Precautions using the BrainTap…49:01
- Use no more than 3x per day
- SMR (Sensory Motor Rhythm) in the morning; focus and concentration
- Reboot session at noon; deep cycle into theta
- Sleep sessions in the evening
- The hypnosis that occurs while using the device sticks with you after practice
-Using the BrainTap with plant medicines and other modalities…52:10
- Chiropractors use it alongside decompression work
- Sound bed (BioAcoustic Mat) on PEMF table
- Hyperbaric chamber (HBOT)
- Use psychedelics with caution
-About the libraries available on the BrainTap…54:56
- Wellness collection is the most popular for home consumers (about 800 sessions)
- Overcoming Overwhelm series with Dr. Joel Rosen
-Customizing a personal routine into a BrainTap experience…58:42
- The Power of Your Voice book
- Your voice is more powerful for you than anyone else
- We speak 80k words per day, 60k are negative
- Patrick's books have transcripts of the Power of Your Voice book
- Ben's sessions in the library
- Daily prayer
- Morning session
- Evening session
-Upcoming updates in the app…1:00:29
- Protocol driven sessions
- Integrating with other wellness technologies
- Back-to-back sessions
-And much more!
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) Healing Summit (July 12 – 20, 2022). Click here to register for the event now
- Keep up on Ben's LIVE appearances by following bengreenfieldlife.com/calendar
Resources from this episode:
- Awaken the Genius: Mind Technology for the 21st Century
- Discover the Language of the Mind
- Thrive In Overdrive, How to Navigate Your Overloaded Lifestyle
- Reprogramming Your Brain To Deal With Trauma, Getting Rid Of Cell Danger Response, Why Drugs Don’t Work, “Emotional Concussions” & Much More With Dr. Don Wood.
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
- Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Subconscious Mind by Robert Daudish
– Other Resources:
–Butcher Box: Delivers healthy 100% grass-fed and finished beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door on a monthly basis. All their products are humanely raised and NEVER given antibiotics or hormones.
–Kion Aminos: Building blocks for muscle recovery, reduced cravings, better cognition, immunity, and more.
–Masszymes: A powerful best-in-class enzyme supplement that improves digestion, reduces gas and bloating, and provides relief from constipation. Click our link to claim your exclusive free product bundle.
–Hapbee: Hapbee’s smart, wearable technology goes beyond monitoring your body, and actually impacts how you feel. Try it now risk-free and get $100 off a 90-Day Free Trial of our all-access subscription to the Hapbee Signals catalog.