May 23, 2020
Let's face it. Corporate wellness programs are old school, outdated, and often include…
- Cafeteria and nutrition programs that simply advise you to “eat more lean protein” or “consume more fruits and vegetables”…
- Yearly basic doctor checkups with almost zero motivation, accountability, feedback, or utilization of advanced lab and biometric testing, and…
- A lack of advanced biohacks in the workplace, or attention paid to hidden environmental assailants that affect energy and the company's bottom line, such as air, light, water, and electricity…
It's time that changed, and my guest on today's podcast is doing just that, through his new, advanced corporate wellness program called “Live Timeless.”
Alexander Von Gramatzki grew up playing soccer in Europe where he had a chance to play alongside legends like Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott, and Tony Kroos. During his youth soccer career he was connected to advanced wellness technologies to get him intimately attuned with his optimal state of performance. Even though Alex ended his youth soccer career to pursue education and business, his ability to find a high performing state resulted in him being able to work in a state of flow.
As a result of being able to function at high levels, Alex was fortunate to find opportunities that allowed him to earn millions of dollars starting at the age of 23. Because of his achievements, he was then the youngest person to be accepted into and graduate from the Wharton School's 2-year long Executive General Management Program. His focus is now on bringing wellness technologies and health tests into the workplace so that companies can get their employees more attuned with their body and mind.
During our discussion, you'll discover:
-Alex's history with health and biohacking…8:00
- Many different tests and biohacks during a soccer career in Europe
- Girlfriend had hormone imbalances due to athletics; gave birth to a healthy baby this January
- Friends, family, corporations created a demand for the tests and protocols Alex and his wife did
- Focus on gut health, microbiome, food intolerance tests
-How to package individual protocols and biohacks into a comprehensive corporate wellness program…13:54
- Focus on smaller companies and startups
- Use wellness as an incentive for attracting talent
- Step 1: Focus on quantifiable data with wearables
- Step 2: Focus on the diet
- Make everything accessible, either at the office or at home for remote workers
- Allow individuals to customize their packages
- Do tests only every 3 months to avoid overwhelm
- Gold standard products:
- Provide ongoing instruction and support
- Fasting Box
- Building habits via stacking
- Book: Atomic Habits by James Clear
-How to share collective results while maintaining individual's privacy…30:16
- Focus on wellness metrics to avoid health data being compromised
- Focus on reporting generals like stress and energy levels rather than more specific data
- Report only info relevant to the employer's needs
- HeadsUp health app
- Data shared with the employee will be different than what's shared with the employer
- Make people aware of products and tests they may not know
- Apple Health app is a great aggregator of data
- Ensure people get the correct info in an era of information overload
- Recommend or send additional products based on quantified results
-Boots on the ground; how this system is implemented…45:12
- Receive a wearable for actionable data and insight
- Muse Meditation & Sleep app
- Food intolerance test
- Inside Tracker
- Bring down prices for clients by buying in bulk
- What is the real value:
- Keeping the client engaged and interested over a long period of time
- Ordering products, choosing sizes, etc. takes a lot of valuable time
-The future of corporate wellness…53:11
- Make quantifiable information available
- Build an ecosystem of health and wellness companies
- Individuals begin to act like companies (test quarterly, etc.)
- Find the right balance in time between testing (Live Timeless offers 3, 4, and 6-month programs)
- Businesses run like professional athletes; the employees are the athletes
- Send push notifications via geolocation to recommend activities, places to eat, what to eat and not eat, etc.
-And much more!
Click here for the full written transcript of this podcast episode.
Resources from this episode:
– LiveTimeless (discount code is BEN for 40% off the first month's payment, or mention this podcast when you contact LiveTimeless).
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- DNA testing
- Viome microbiome testing
- Cyrex food allergy testing
- Gut Genie micronutrients test
- Canalt food intolerance test
- Baze mineral test
- Inside Tracker
– Other resources:
Exciting announcement! My good friend and former podcast guest Joe DiStefano at RUNGA has added a two-bedroom villa to the available rooms at our SOLD OUT Immersion this September 17-20th in Napa Valley which I'll be attending for a third time with my wife, Jessa. Check out BenGreenfieldFitness.com/RUNGA and apply NOW – but do it soon! This event sells out fast and these rooms will not last.
–Kion Memorial Day Sale! Head over to getkion.com right now and use code MEMORIALDAY to save 15% sitewide and 25% off subscriptions and bundles.
–JOOVV: After using the Joovv for close to 2 years, it's the only light therapy device I'd ever recommend. Give it a try: you won't be disappointed. Order using my link and receive my brand new book, Boundless absolutely free!
–ButcherBox: Delivers healthy 100% grass-fed and finished beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door on a monthly basis. All their products are humanely raised and NEVER given antibiotics or hormones. For 2 lbs of 100% grass-fed beef and 2 lbs of pure bacon for FREE, PLUS $20 off your first box go to butcherbox.com/ben.
–Seed Daily Synbiotic: A formulation of 24 unique strains, each of which included at their clinically verified dose, to deliver systemic benefits in the body. Save 15% off your order when you use discount code BEN15.
9 thoughts on “The Future Of Corporate Wellness: What A Cutting-Edge, Gold-Standard Executive & Employee Health Program Should Look Like.”
Let’s hoping everything is OK. Since the show premiered, I have been attempting to sign up for the Individual Accelerated Growth package. I emailed support but never got a reply. Much appreciation in advance for your assistance.
Can you list the test sequence in order of most important to least important?
I hope all is well. Ive been trying to subscribe to the Individual Accelerated Growth package since the podcast was released. I tried to email customer service but unfortunately did not hear back. Thanks in advance for the help.
Very inspiring podcast, I will forward it to my corporate clients. Thank you.
Informative episode and really exciting to hear about the evolution of wellness programs for businesses. Alexander, are you expanding your business? I’m at a crossroads in my career and wellness is something I’m passionate about, even more so now with the COVID pandemic. How can I explore opportunities in supporting and/or working with your team? Thank you!
Hi Kim, please connect with me on LinkedIn and we can figure out some options.
Great podcast! I’m currently a health teacher and do wellness coaching on the side. Any chance you’re looking for a highly driven team member?
Ben & Alexander,
I was pumped to listen to this podcast this morning. An avid listener for many years Ben, as the Health Coach & Nutritionist for a mid-size energy company in the midwest I’m extremely excited for the future of corperate wellness. I thought it was funny Ben, you have zero interest in jumping company to company and educating for a period of time. That sounds amazing to me ha. Would love to be able to stay plugged into how this relationship progresses as well as the company “Live Timeless.” I’m always looking for ways to integrate more data points into the awareness my patients as well as myself.
It would be great to connect and figure out if there is a way for us to collaborate. Could you connect with me on LinkedIn?