Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries, from the latest news on the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking, and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– Anti-Factory Farm Shopping Guide
This comprehensive video series and book are meant for anyone who is interested in transitioning from factory-farmed food to organic and hopefully, one day, biodynamic—but at the same time feels confused by all the labels, and even whether organic food is any better than factory-farmed food. With entertaining illustrations, videos, and very light reading, the “Anti-Factory Farm Shopping Guide” covers the following topics:
- Differences between caged, cage-free, free-range, and pasture-raised meats and eggs…
- How to easily identify genetically-modified foods…
- Why factory-farmed meats cause inflammation…
- The myth of safe pesticides…
- Differences between factory-farmed, organic, and biodynamic fruits and vegetables…
- Why seeing “vegetarian-fed” on a label is actually a bad thing, even if it’s organic…
- Importance of staying away from farmed fish…
- How to source quality water and supplements…
- And much more!
To enhance learning and make it all as simple as possible, this book comes with free video instructions and other extended learning materials. Spend less time reading and more time taking action. Get it on Amazon here.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Articles I Published This Week:
– My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Podcasts I Was Featured On This Week:
::: How I'm Eating Liver, Heart, & Kidney On The Go :::
You're probably already well aware of the benefits of “nose-to-tail” eating and organ meat consumption to get the most potent source of nature's multivitamin. Some of the most nutritious organ meats include:
- Liver, considered the most nutrient-rich organ of all, is an excellent source of vitamins A, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, and B12 (just 4 oz contains 1108% of the RDA) and is also rich in the minerals iron, phosphorous, zinc, copper, and selenium.
- Heart, a concentrated source of CoQ10 (important for cardiovascular health), is also abundant in vitamins A, B12, folate, iron, selenium, phosphorus, and zinc. It's also the #1 food source of copper and is rich in the amino acids glycine and proline which are essential for connective tissue, joint, and digestive health.
- Kidney is one of the best-known food sources of selenium which helps support immunity, blood flow, thyroid function, fertility, and has powerful antioxidant properties. It's also an excellent source of vitamins A, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12 (518% the RDI) and minerals such as phosphorus, zinc, iron, and copper.
So what if you could get all this without actually buying, prepping, chopping, and cooking organ meats?
Enter Paleovalley. Their Grass Fed Organ Complex contains all of the organs listed above from healthy, grass-fed, pasture-raised cows. Swallow a handful of these bad boys and you can literally feel the lifeblood surging through your veins almost instantly. Pick some up today, and save 10% with code: BENGREENFIELD10.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
I've studied the science, seen first-hand what works and what doesn't, and most importantly, know how to help you make lasting changes to become the best version of yourself – for good. I've also trained an entire army of Kion Coaches, and with our support, you'll no longer have to struggle to decipher conflicting health information, only to end up confused and unmotivated.
Are you looking to achieve peak physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Every day, I work with people just like you to help them achieve their goals with personalized health advice and one-of-a-kind nutrition and fitness plans. My schedule gets filled quickly, so be sure to book your one-on-one consultation with me today.
Kion Coaches are certified in the same holistic approach I take to mind, body, and spiritual health. In addition to being trained by yours truly, these folks are qualified professionals, ranging from personal trainers to nutritionists, chiropractors, elite athletes, psychologists, medical doctors, and more. Just click here to view the full coach directory and to find the ideal coach for you and your unique goals!
– February 15 – March 15: Hydration Solution Summit – Online. Join me and my dad Gary Greenfield to learn more about structured hydration (Our talk is March 7) The Hydration Solution Summit is FREE and online because water is a basic human right and everyone should have access to it. Get started here.
– Feb 20 – 23 Bangalore, Feb 24 – 25 New Delhi, Feb 26 – 28 Mumbai. Media tour of India! Visit the calendar for details
– April 4 -6: Wild Health Summit – Versailles, KY. Take a journey into the world of genomics-based personalized medicine. Learn what it takes to better manage patients using a personalized approach. Using genomics and individual markers, we are able to optimize health, battle chronic diseases, and increase life expectancy in a remarkable way. Come learn how to integrate these methods into your practice to move away from using medicine as a band-aid and instead using medicine to cure. Register here.
– April 24 – 26: Paleo f(x) – Austin, TX. Join me and dozens of health and fitness experts to discover the latest breakthroughs in epigenetics, biohacking, Keto, AIP, nootropics, blood testing, strength conditioning, sleep, stress and much more. Try out delicious new foods, discover new workouts, and even try new gadgets in the biohacking lab. Register here.
Featured Product: Kion Lean
Kion Lean got a facelift!
This natural blood sugar management supplement has recently been upgraded to include InnoSlim®, a plant-based blend of Panax notoginseng and Astragalus membranaceus. InnoSlim® has a wide array of clinical research supporting its ability to decrease glucose absorption and circulating blood glucose. By acting on the AMP-K pathway in the body, it may also help correct the metabolic issues that lead to weight gain and fat accumulation.*
The combination of Wild Bitter Melon Extract and Innoslim® work like gangbusters to help:
- Reduce blood glucose levels*
- Promote healthy weight management*
- Support metabolic wellness*
With Kion Lean, you can literally have your cake and eat it, too. Get some now at GetKion.com, and use code BEN10 to save 10%!
*The FDA hasn't evaluated these statements. Kion products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Post:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
Hacking REM sleep? Evening heavy meals and/or alcohol, lack of exercise, nicotine and nighttime stress all will DECREASE REM SLEEP! For deep sleep, try CBD (60-600mg) and staying as cool as possible.
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) February 1, 2020
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Within 2 hours, the fat you eat in a meal is being oxidized for fuel (this is actually a really good article if you want…
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!