October 4, 2018
Oct 4, 2018, Q&A Episode 390: Zero Gravity Beds, How Hydrogen-Rich Water Works, Is Nicotine Healthy, and How Long Does Stem Cell Therapy Last?
Special Announcements [00:29:44]
This podcast is brought to you by:
-Blue Apron – Go to blueapron.com/Ben to get your first 3 delicious home-delivered meals for free!
-Onnit – Go to BenGreenfieldFitness.com/onnit and save 10% on your purchase (the discount is built into the link).
-Thrive – Go to thrivemarket.com/Ben to get 25% off your first order at Thrive Market! We suggest grabbing some coconut cream!
-Omax – Go to tryomax.com/Ben today to get a box of Omax3 Ultra-Pure, FOR FREE! Their fish oil has CBD in it – yum!
–Click here to follow Ben on Snapchat, and get ready for some epic stories about his morning, day and evening routine!
– October 14 – 16, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference features a series of talks by leaders across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to amplify your life. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– October 11 – 14, 2018: 2018 RUNGA California Immersion Retreat, Napa, California. Runga is going to Napa! Join me, my wife, Jessa, Joe DiStefano and a small, intimate group of like-minded individuals for a weekend-long getaway. We’ve rented a beautiful mansion located in one of the most iconic countrysides in America– Napa Valley. We’ve thought of everything that you could possibly need to gently “press the reboot button” on your body and completely tune in to your heart, mind, body, strength, and spirit. Join the waitlist!
– October 20, 2018: Toyota Park Stadium Sprint, Bridgeview IL. For the first time, Spartans will run through the home of the Chicago Fire Soccer Club, a Major League Soccer team and the Chicago Red Stars, a National Women’s Soccer League team. Register here!
– November 2 – 4, 2018: Live It To Lead It Health Centers of the Future Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada. Create the life you want, the marriage you want, the family you want—all fueled by a practice that radically changes the lives of your patients. this three-day event, you’ll learn the latest medical discoveries in cellular health, get a marketing plan for scaling your practice and find ways to build residual passive income. Join me!
– November 10 – 11, 2018: Fenway Park Stadium Sprint, Boston MA. Spartans are invited to participate in the Fenway Sprint over two days, November 10th and 11th. Gain unprecedented access to previously closed off areas of America’s Most Beloved Ballpark. Join me!
– November 13, 2018: New York City, NY. Join me in Chef Bouley's Test Kitchen for “The Ultimate Anti-Aging Diet – The Perfect Foods To Eat Your Way To Longevity”. Get your ticket here!
– December 2-8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Dominican Republic. You're invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. Join me in the Dominican Republic, one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean, for this retreat. In all RUNGA activities, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you'll be getting into, just click here. Use code BEN when you register so you get your gift when you arrive! I'll be there, too. Join the waitlist here.
– December 13-15, 2018: World Congress 2018 Hosted by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, Las Vegas, Nevada. If you attend any conference this year, make it the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine’s 26th Annual World Congress. The fact is, in an era of andropause, low drive and deteriorating men's health, it's shocking that both practitioners and the public aren't aware of ancestral wisdom and modern scientific and medical tactics that can be used to optimize male physiology. It's time that changed, and I'll be teaching exactly how to make men, men again. Join me!
– April 6-7, 2019: FitCon Summit, Salt Lake City, Utah. FitCon® encourages everyone to Find Their Fit. It does not matter whether it is powerlifting, Crossfit, bodybuilding, roller derby, or even axe throwing. Be sure to visit the Kion booth in the expo!
Giveaways & Goodies [01:20:15]
-Grab your Official Ben Greenfield Fitness Gear package that comes with a tech shirt, a beanie and a water bottle.
-And of course, this week's top iTunes review – gets some BG Fitness swag straight from Ben – click here to leave your review for a chance to win some!
Listener Q&A [00:39:50]
As compiled, deciphered, edited and sometimes read by Brock Armstrong, the Podcast Sidekick.
Zero Gravity Beds [00:39:59]
John says: Several mattress companies promote these zero gravity beds. Do zero gravity beds (or incline beds) improve sleep quality or impact muscles in any way? Also, can unplugging these beds remove the electricity to improve sleep?
How Hydrogen-Rich Water Works [00:50:27]
Andrew says: After your recent podcasts and the hydrogen water generator giveaway, I have become really interested in hydrogen water. In your podcast with Tyler Lebaron, you mentioned that hydrogen water's antioxidant effect does not blunt the hormetic response of exercise. Can you explain a little bit more of what you mean by that? Would hydrogen water counteract adaptation to muscle growth or endurance training?
Is Nicotine Healthy [00:57:51]
Gabe says: In the last year I have gone from cigarettes, to vaping, to patches, and most recently have been using non-tobacco nicotine patches. I was wondering your opinion on using those and using nicotine in general. Is it all good, or all bad? When should it be used or not used?
How Long Does Stem Cell Therapy Last? [01:09:39]
Scott says: I have a question on Stem Cell Therapy. Is the treatment a permanent or temporary effect? It seems to me that it would be permanent since you are essentially rolling back the clock on the cells. But at the end of your podcast with Dr. Adelson, he said that people often come back to him in a few years – which makes it seem temporary. Can you clear this up?