October 4, 2018
Oct 4, 2018, Q&A Episode 390: Zero Gravity Beds, How Hydrogen-Rich Water Works, Is Nicotine Healthy, and How Long Does Stem Cell Therapy Last?
Have a podcast question for Ben? Click the button at the bottom of the page (or go to SpeakPipe), or use the Contact button in the free Ben Greenfield Fitness app.
News Flashes [00:10:07]
You can receive these News Flashes (and more) every single day, if you follow Ben on Twitter.com/BenGreenfield, Instagram.com/BenGreenfieldFitness, Facebook.com/BGFitness, BenGreenfieldFitness.com/Snapchat, and Google+.
Special Announcements [00:29:44]
This podcast is brought to you by:
-Blue Apron – Go to blueapron.com/Ben to get your first 3 delicious home-delivered meals for free!
-Onnit – Go to BenGreenfieldFitness.com/onnit and save 10% on your purchase (the discount is built into the link).
-Thrive – Go to thrivemarket.com/Ben to get 25% off your first order at Thrive Market! We suggest grabbing some coconut cream!
-Omax – Go to tryomax.com/Ben today to get a box of Omax3 Ultra-Pure, FOR FREE! Their fish oil has CBD in it – yum!
–Click here to follow Ben on Snapchat, and get ready for some epic stories about his morning, day and evening routine!
– October 14 – 16, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference features a series of talks by leaders across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to amplify your life. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– October 11 – 14, 2018: 2018 RUNGA California Immersion Retreat, Napa, California. Runga is going to Napa! Join me, my wife, Jessa, Joe DiStefano and a small, intimate group of like-minded individuals for a weekend-long getaway. We’ve rented a beautiful mansion located in one of the most iconic countrysides in America– Napa Valley. We’ve thought of everything that you could possibly need to gently “press the reboot button” on your body and completely tune in to your heart, mind, body, strength, and spirit. Join the waitlist!
– October 20, 2018: Toyota Park Stadium Sprint, Bridgeview IL. For the first time, Spartans will run through the home of the Chicago Fire Soccer Club, a Major League Soccer team and the Chicago Red Stars, a National Women’s Soccer League team. Register here!
– November 2 – 4, 2018: Live It To Lead It Health Centers of the Future Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada. Create the life you want, the marriage you want, the family you want—all fueled by a practice that radically changes the lives of your patients. this three-day event, you’ll learn the latest medical discoveries in cellular health, get a marketing plan for scaling your practice and find ways to build residual passive income. Join me!
– November 10 – 11, 2018: Fenway Park Stadium Sprint, Boston MA. Spartans are invited to participate in the Fenway Sprint over two days, November 10th and 11th. Gain unprecedented access to previously closed off areas of America’s Most Beloved Ballpark. Join me!
– November 13, 2018: New York City, NY. Join me in Chef Bouley's Test Kitchen for “The Ultimate Anti-Aging Diet – The Perfect Foods To Eat Your Way To Longevity”. Get your ticket here!
– December 2-8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Dominican Republic. You're invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. Join me in the Dominican Republic, one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean, for this retreat. In all RUNGA activities, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you'll be getting into, just click here. Use code BEN when you register so you get your gift when you arrive! I'll be there, too. Join the waitlist here.
– December 13-15, 2018: World Congress 2018 Hosted by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, Las Vegas, Nevada. If you attend any conference this year, make it the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine’s 26th Annual World Congress. The fact is, in an era of andropause, low drive and deteriorating men's health, it's shocking that both practitioners and the public aren't aware of ancestral wisdom and modern scientific and medical tactics that can be used to optimize male physiology. It's time that changed, and I'll be teaching exactly how to make men, men again. Join me!
– April 6-7, 2019: FitCon Summit, Salt Lake City, Utah. FitCon® encourages everyone to Find Their Fit. It does not matter whether it is powerlifting, Crossfit, bodybuilding, roller derby, or even axe throwing. Be sure to visit the Kion booth in the expo!
-View the Official Ben Greenfield Fitness Calendar Here
Click here for the full written transcript of this podcast episode.
Giveaways & Goodies [01:20:15]
-Grab your Official Ben Greenfield Fitness Gear package that comes with a tech shirt, a beanie and a water bottle.
-And of course, this week's top iTunes review – gets some BG Fitness swag straight from Ben – click here to leave your review for a chance to win some!
Listener Q&A [00:39:50]
As compiled, deciphered, edited and sometimes read by Brock Armstrong, the Podcast Sidekick.
Zero Gravity Beds [00:39:59]
John says: Several mattress companies promote these zero gravity beds. Do zero gravity beds (or incline beds) improve sleep quality or impact muscles in any way? Also, can unplugging these beds remove the electricity to improve sleep?
–Zero Gravity G-Force Beds
–My podcast with PulseCenters
–Dirty electricity filters
How Hydrogen-Rich Water Works [00:50:27]
Andrew says: After your recent podcasts and the hydrogen water generator giveaway, I have become really interested in hydrogen water. In your podcast with Tyler Lebaron, you mentioned that hydrogen water's antioxidant effect does not blunt the hormetic response of exercise. Can you explain a little bit more of what you mean by that? Would hydrogen water counteract adaptation to muscle growth or endurance training?
–My podcast with Tyler Lebaron on Hydrogen-Rich Water
–Water and Wellness molecular hydrogen
–Kangen countertop water ionizer
–H2Bev molecular hydrogen drink (use code: BEN for 10% discount)
–HRW molecular hydrogen drink – use code: GREENFIELD to get a free promo package with your first purchase of the tablets, including a ‘to go' stainless steel double walled gasketed vacuum bottle, a branded phone back ring and a branded USB, value $30!
Is Nicotine Healthy [00:57:51]
Gabe says: In the last year I have gone from cigarettes, to vaping, to patches, and most recently have been using non-tobacco nicotine patches. I was wondering your opinion on using those and using nicotine in general. Is it all good, or all bad? When should it be used or not used?
–Nicotine toothpicks I use
–Nicotine gum I chew
–Nicotine lozenges (Niquitin)
How Long Does Stem Cell Therapy Last? [01:09:39]
Scott says: I have a question on Stem Cell Therapy. Is the treatment a permanent or temporary effect? It seems to me that it would be permanent since you are essentially rolling back the clock on the cells. But at the end of your podcast with Dr. Adelson, he said that people often come back to him in a few years – which makes it seem temporary. Can you clear this up?
–My stem cell podcast with Dr. Harry Adelson
–Dr. Harry Adelson's clinic
–US Stem Cell Clinic
–A good paper on stem cell treatment
–Another paper on stem cell, free.
Prior to asking your question, do a search in the upper right-hand corner of this website for the keywords associated with your question. Many of the questions we receive have already been answered here at Ben Greenfield Fitness!
26 thoughts on “390: Is Nicotine Healthy, How Long Does Stem Cell Therapy Last, A New Way To Fast & Much More!”
This is pretty interesting and I hope that it will be good to think about and i hope that it will be nice to check out here and I hope that nicotine is not promoted that well because it’s unhealthy.
I think that there are some interesting changes that we can keep thinking about this and I am glad that it will be interesting because I hope that more people can keep thinking about and change which is pretty interesting.
Ben, been off and on nicotine for years. In my experience the cognitive impact is off the charts. Negative impacts have been 1) addictive, 2) withdrawls, 3) neuropathy, 4) nausea, 5) every time I use it I get a sore throat and freak out that I have given myself cancer.
Negatives win, but even then it’s been hard to give up.
Curious if you saw this recent study linking nicotine to gene mutations / cancer expression and if you have, do you give it any credence: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24947164
How much nicotine is too much? (find my heart is racing a lot and I get winded when chasing my kids around, I’m guessing you’d file that under “too much”?)
What brand nicotine toothpicks do you use ? The link just takes me to the amazon generic page.
hi, you mention there are 3 pictures somewhere out there with the back support stuff you described. Is there a place we can find the pictures / diagrams. Thanks for the amazing content. PS LOVE MY KION COFFEE…..
You mentioned weed and nicotine can hurt a child’s brain….are their ways to test the extent of the damage of these people and what recovery procedure would you recommend to reverse any damage, thanks.
Loved this episode. If delaying your morning meal by 90 mins do you also need to delay having your morning coffee or do you think you could still have a black coffee on waking?
Yes you could still have black coffee.
Hey Ben, love the podcast! You mentioned your hydrogen water generator in your basement. Would you say hydrogen water is preferred over structured water or can you structure the hydrogen water?
Hey Ben – Big fan man. Intro music challenge accepted. I’m ready for a change in the Ben Greenfield power intro myself ;). I’m a writer/producer based in Nashville, TN…and would love to take a stab at it for ya. If you’re interested, just tell me where to send an idea or two. Feel like it could be a way to give back for all the times I rob from your knowledge… Any songs/styles/intro inspiration from you would definitely help steer it in the right direction. Either way…appreciate all you do man. Thanks!
Hey there, sorry for the delay. Can you email my assistant, [email protected] Thanks!
I appreciate everything you do for the health/wellness community. Regarding the suggestion of ingesting Creatine 2g at a time max, do you have any references or more information on this? I have never heard there was a limit to how much Creatine you could absorb at once.
Can you provide the link to that Nicotine gum/lozenge spreadsheet your assistant created?
I don’t have the spreadsheet, but this is what I use: https://amzn.to/2IZgRz0
Hey Ben, thanks for answering that question on nicotine I was actually just thinking of submitting a similar question myself. I am wondering what your thoughts are on vaping. Is there a healthy way to vape? What is the worst part about the ingredients of Vape juice?
I go over that in this episode: https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/podcast/382-the-…
What Hydrogen water system do like better? Trusii or Kangen
Hi Ben, Love your podcasts (including the humor). Could you please provide a more detailed explanation of your liver cleanse? I’ve always wanted to do a liver cleanse but didn’t want the sugar from the apple cider vinegar. Thank you again for all the great info. Cheers, Doug
Love your Podcast! thank you for all the great information!
i have noticed that a lot of your affiliations do not deliever overseas.. i live in Europe and Asia..
perhaps you can bring that in with some of them..
DITCH THE SIDEKICK YOUR PODCASTS ARE SO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT THE ATTEMPTS AT HUMOR WITH BROCK–WE WANT YOUR WEALTH OF KNOWELDGE–YOU ARE NOT A COMEDIAN AND YOUR ATTEMPTS AT HUMOR FAIL MISERABLY–WE ALSO DONT NEED TO KNOW YOUR PERSONAL LIFE LIKE WHEN YOU LOST YOUR VIRGINITY–ITS SDIMPLY NOT FUNNY AND NOT INTERESTING
Wow Brian, you really have some shit you need to work out. I’m sorry for whatever you’re dealing with, but please don’t take your problems out on other people. Would you say that to Ben’s face?
Brian seems like a cool guy..
Brian represents the lowest level of awareness you’re ever likely to see. He lives outside 3D reality.
It’s mind-boggling there’s someone who’s smart enough to use a computer and yet they have not noticed that other people have a different perception of reality…in this case what’s funny or not or “what’s interesting”. I find it very interesting and insightful little tid bits about someones life experiences as it may provide a deeper understanding of that individual. The banter between Ben and Brock is usually humorous and lightens up the show. Ben and Brock…already know…the Brian’s of the world represent a very small minority (1 out of 200,000+) who exist in a limited 2D world oblivious of the bigger 3D picture.
Would like to hear periodic updates on Ben’s US STEM Cell and Docere Clinic experience.
Listen to this: https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/podcast/anti-agi…