August 19, 2023
During that episode, Ahvie and I touched upon revolutionary treatments such as ultrasound-guided injections, the most effective stem cell applications, and the potential of Kimera Exosomes. If Part 1 piqued your curiosity, Part 2 promises to be just as intriguing.
Today, Dr. Ahvie, with insights from Dr. Shawn Tierney, unpacks the hydrodissection procedure for the nervous system. Imagine a therapeutic session for your nerves, a procedure that offers immediate relief from conditions like migraines, hypertension, tachycardia, and the elusive Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS). This lesser-known procedure holds tremendous promise; it's astonishing how specific injections can provide transformative results, drastically improving a patient's quality of life. We even discuss whether you can get the same or similar results with electro-current devices for vagus nerve stimulation (you'll be surprised at his reply!).
Transitioning to the topic of stem cells, a realm filled with much hope and discussion in recent years, Ahvie shares his expertise on adipose-derived stem cells, suggesting a promising direction in regenerative medicine.
With firsthand accounts from patients who've benefited from these treatments, this episode stands as a beacon of what integrative medicine offers. Through Ahvie's expertise, we get a vivid picture of the next phase in medical evolution – one that beckons enhanced wellness, rejuvenation, and a better quality of life.
Join Dr. Ahvie and me for this enlightening continuation as we explore the transformative world of hydrodissection, the efficacy behind vagus nerve stimulation, the groundbreaking impact of stem cells, and much more. Welcome back!
During our discussion, you'll discover:
-Hydrodissection procedure for the nervous system with Dr. Shawn Tierney…08:32
- Part 1 of this podcast:
- Podcast with Dr. Matt Cook on stellate ganglion blocks:
- The lack of healthcare for addressing peripheral nerves
- We don't often recognize how nerves need to move
- When the nerve's ability to move between the muscles is restricted, they become dysfunctional
- The group of nerves we want to see dysfunction the least – C1 Plexus
- Vagus nerve, sympathetic chain, or internal carotid plexus
- In cases of chronic infections, these nerves tend to cause problems when they have adhesions or webbing
- Impact on blood pressure, heart rate, visual and hearing abilities
- Hearing is impaired, ringing in their ears
- Loss of taste
- Loss of smell
- Lower blood pressure when standing up (POTS – Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
- Podcast with Jim Poole:
- Big guns for adjusting the nervous system:
- Stellate ganglion block
- C1 plexus hydro dissection
- Other techniques:
-What does the hydrodissection procedure look like?…15:37
- On the C1 plexus case:
- Lying on your side
- Look at the anatomy in that area
- Avoiding any major vessels
- Injecting fluid to open up the fascial plane to create a space, breaking adhesions around nerves
- Instant feedback (within 10 minutes)
- Difference from the stellate block
- Stellate block – blocking the sympathetic side so the parasympathetic side can express itself
- It can be done only on one side per day
-The electro-current devices for vagus nerve stimulation…18:56
- Vagus nerve stimulation is essentially like a massage
- Muscles don't have a sensation of pain
- The pain will be gone only for a couple of days, but if the nerves are still restricted, you will feel the pain again
- Hydrodissection is a longer-lasting solution
- If it doesn't last, that usually means there's an inflammatory process that must be treated
- A woman scheduled for a pacemaker felt immediate results after the procedure
- Heartrate was 30 beats a minute
- After the procedure, the heart rate went from 30 to 72 within 10 minutes and stayed there for four days
- Heartrate has been 72 for the past year
-Dr. Ahvie shares some patients’ feedback…21:57
- Patients say that the most effective thing done on them was the C1 injection – “woke me up”
- COVID is inflammatory in the neck and can tie up cranial nerves
- Patients felt cognitive boost, energy boost, even performance boost
- Dr. Ahvie uses stellate ganglion block on all his cancer patients
- Hydrodissection in the neck area is an outstanding treatment for migraines
- Headaches are really nerve impingements
- Three nerves that cause migraines:
- Greater occipital nerve
- Lesser occipital nerve
- Third occipital nerve
-How to find well-versed doctors for the procedure…25:45
- RMSK certification
- Look at their background and experience
- Probably fewer than 50 people in the US doing the procedures
- 20 of those are really skilled
- Less than 1% of the providers
- Dr. Shawn Tierney’s clinic
- Dr. Ahvie Herkowitz's clinic
- C1 procedure alters the blood supply to the brain and modulates the immune response
- People with cold, flu, and allergy symptoms:
- Symptoms dissipate
- Almost an instant relief from the congestion, runny nose, cough, and altered temperature
-Immediate impact of the procedure…32:39
- Heart and blood pressure issues can be turned on a dime and make an impactful change
- A woman patient at Anatara – with a malignant form of hypertension and tachycardia
- After the procedure, blood pressure was 113 over 67, and heart rate was 72
- Dr. Tierney has 4 patients that every so often have visual deficits like blurring vision
- Blurring clears after the C1 plexus procedure
- Sometimes good for a year or two
- Also have repeat patients with tinnitus and loss of hearing (also for one or a couple of years)
-The use of stem cells…35:30
- Started using adipose-derived stem cells 9 years ago
- Quite effective
- Done under local anesthesia, very safe
- Getting stem cells from body fat
- People with diabetes have the lowest fat yield
- FDA came and said the procedure went against their rules
- 5-6 years later, they lost their case
- The problems:
- FDA was treating it as the creation of a pharmaceutical product
- No standardization
- Dr. Ahvie moved on to other stem cell products
- Umbilical cord cells freshly taken out of C section
- Exosomes – the small particles from which stem cells communicate with their neighbors
- Stem cells do not replicate in your body
- Using the laser via patches for a transdermal absorption of the wavelengths
- Infrared penetrates 10 cm
- At Dr. Ahvie's lab at Johns Hopkins years ago
- Leading on the immunology side and the transplant side
- Experimented with how to get stem cells into the heart
- Realized that you didn't need to go an arterial route, you can go a venous route
- When stem cells are infused into the body, they typically migrate to the lung and spleen until they're called on for a specific task
- Exosomes come from activating your stem cells in vitro and then giving them to the patient
- Exosomes can traverse very tiny spaces
- Easily traverse the blood-brain barrier
- Easily traverse bone and get into difficult areas
- Anatara now uses umbilical cord cells and exosomes
- The activity level of the stem cells given fresh versus the activity level of culture
- The number is not important but the viability and the potency of the stem cells that is important
- The older you are, the better it is to use umbilical cord stem cells
- We could derive the effect we are looking for with our own cells
- At this point, stem cells are not a panacea
- Not going to take you from kidney failure to a normal kidney
- Stem cell therapy is the strongest global reparative, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory therapy
-Protocols for stem cell treatment…46:17
- Dr. Ahvie does not treat anyone who comes and just wants stem cells and then leave
- Protocol: At least
- A month of gut repair
- A month of hormone replacement
- A month to get the signaling correct
- Stem cells should not be put in an inflammatory messed-up body
- Some clients from China came before the pandemic; only wanted stem cells
- Complained after 4 months that the effects were gone
- Lifestyle is very important
- Who to treat?
- Different protocols for different ages and problems
- Diagnosis for antiaging
- People who have difficulty reaching their performance goals
- Majority of people above 60 do not don't reach their performance goals because of some local issue that has to be taken care of
- The reason why Dr. Ahvie brought in hydrodissection with Dr. Shawn Tierney – to clear local issues like back pain, etc.
- With moderately severe hip or knee arthritis, if you want to avoid surgery, it's going to be a series of injections over 18 months
- Anatara – Sanskrit word that means core
- Podcast episode with Dr. Ahvie in 2019
- Purpose of Anatara was to heal people who have been overdoing it for years
- Part 1 of this podcast:
-And much more…
Angie Lovelymobile: (480) 241-5818
- Disrupt: September 28th – 30th, 2023
Join me for the Disrupt 2023 Event in Atlanta, Georgia, from September 29th – October 1st. This event is oriented towards entrepreneurs and health practitioners alike centered around the topic of making healthcare truly healthy. This highly practical and immersive workshop will feature live Q&As, my top secrets for career success, and much more! Learn more here.
- Couples Collective: October 25th – 29th, 2023
Couples Collective is an exclusive and immersive way to explore health, wellness, and mindset with your significant other. Jessa and I will be leading a health optimization and relationships workshop, alongside many other awesome couples. This is a small event, and access requires you to interview with event-holder OWN IT to ensure a right fit. However, for those who are said fit, this event is designed to bring you into deeper union within your relationship and onward into greater connection with your life, love, health, and happiness. I'm looking for 6 to 7 powerful couples to come join me at the event, are you one of them? Learn more here.
- Keep up on Ben's LIVE appearances by following bengreenfieldfitness.com/calendar!
Resources from this episode:
- Anatara Medicine
- EBOO – Extracorporeal Blood Oxygenation Ozonation
- East Meets West Medicine: Blood Oxygenation & Ozonation, Stem Cell Myths, Early Cancer Detection, Mold Eradication & Much More With Dr. Ahvie Herskowitz of Anatara Medicine (Part 1).
- 10-Pass Ozone, Peptides, Blood Irradiation, Constitutional Assessments & Much More!
– Podcasts and articles:
- Fixing A Knee Without Surgery, Building “Young Muscle”, Zenjections For The Vagus Nerve, Peptides For COVID & Much More with Dr. Matt Cook.
- How To Simulate A Full Sleep Cycle In 20 Minutes, The Best Stress Biohack That Exists, Vagus Nerve Stimulation & Much More!
- Meditation For Mind-Blowing Sex, Meditation For Insomnia, Meditation For Energy & Much More.
- The 19 Best Full-Body Workouts Ben Greenfield Uses For His Year-Round Exercise Routine.
- How To Tap Into The Secret Psychedelic Tactics Of The Ancients Using A Free & Fast Anti-Aging, Stress-Busting, Energy-Boosting Hack.
- How To Quickly Biohack Your Nervous System & Muscle Growth With Electrostimulation.
Hiya: Get your kids the full-body nourishment they need to grow into healthy adults. We've worked out a special deal with Hiya for their best-selling children's vitamin. Receive 50% off your first order. To claim this deal, you must go to hiyahealth.com/BEN. This deal is not available on their regular website.
Clearlight Sauna: If you want to sweat buckets in the privacy of your own home, go to HealwithHeat.com and use code: BEN for a discount and free shipping – the free shipping alone is a huge saving because these saunas are big, heavy, and well-made!
Air Doctor: Take control of your indoor air quality today with AirDoctor's trusted solution and enjoy cleaner, healthier air – backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. Visit airdoctorpro.com/beng now to save big.
Cured Nutrition: Experience enhanced sleep and wake up refreshed with CURED's sleep-enhancing formulas. Visit www.curednutrition.com/ben, use coupon code BEN at checkout, and save 20% on any of their transformative blends today!
Ben Greenfield Coaching – Elite Plan: It's time to transform your health and fitness journey with the new Elite Plan from Ben Greenfield Coaching. To learn more and join the elite ranks of high achievers who have successfully turned their knowledge into lasting transformation, visit our website at www.bengreenfieldcoaching.com/elite
Do you have questions, thoughts, or feedback for Dr. Ahvie Herskowitz or me? Leave your comments below, and one of us will reply!