June 15, 2018
Welcome to my Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also tell you about all of my upcoming events and recap all of my special announcements–giveaways, discounts, and more.
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– Super Slow Training: Super slow training is something I've talked about a lot before on the blog and on the podcast. Last week, at the fabulous MindValley “A-Fest” in Sardinia, Italy I went through a supervised super-slow-training protocol with my friend and personal trainer, Lorenzo Delano. The protocol is very simple and only takes 15 minutes. It includes a chest press, seated row, shoulder press, the pulldown and the leg press. Each set is performed for 90 seconds of time under tension moving the weights as slowly as possible. In this particular session, we also included a few explosive reps in between sets (for the science of how this type of training works, go listen to my podcast with Dr. Doug McGuff). Incidentally, I'm incorporating this particular form of training, which allows you to maintain muscle with just one 15-minute workout per week, in the beauty and longevity “Quest” that I am launching later this year in partnership with Mindvalley. Since you are subscribed to my newsletter, you will be first to find out when this launches.
This week, on Snapchat, I toyed around with “biohacking” my dinner a bit more than usual. Since my wife and boys were out of town each night completing their Washington State Hunter's Education certification, I had free reign of the kitchen. Below is a video that gives you a little taste of exactly what I got up to, including some new ingredients I'm toying around with (especially digging this steak seasoning from Ava Jane's Kitchen), and even a new version of the wonderful ModelX Swannies blue-light blocking glasses (sexy, eh?). The video of my evening is below, and click here the complete list of everything you need to create this special recipe yourself, including discounts ;).
Check out this week's "biohacked" meal. I'm getting pretty clever in the kitchen these days. ;) Add me on Snapchat to be the first to see these and get even more unique tidbits for "Benifying" your meals: "BGFitness" ___________________________________The goods:My (brand new) blue-light-blocking specs from Swanwick Sleep: SwanwickSleep.com/ModelXSteak flavoring- BenGreenfieldFitness.com/Spices Ava Jane's KitchenBook I'm reading- BenGreenfieldFitness.com/BeliefHow to manage blood glucose for big meals- BenGreenfieldFitness.com/Lean KionCocktail ingredient- BenGreenfieldFitness.com/FitVineWine – greenfield10 for 10% off FitVine WineThe main event- BenGreenfieldFitness.com/USWellnessMeats – GREENFIELD – 15% storewide – offer good for up to 2 orders per customer. Excludes orders over 40 lbs, sale items. US Wellness MeatsThe "side" that always seems to steal the show- BenGreenfieldFitness.com/MiracleNoodle – BEN – for 15% off Miracle Noodle
Posted by Ben Greenfield Fitness on Thursday, June 14, 2018
Podcasts I Recorded This Week
Every month, I release never-before-seen videos, audios and .pdf's inside the BenGreenfieldFitness “Premium” channel (just $10/year to access!). You can click here to go Premium and access an entire vault of protected content!
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
– Optimizing Your Training With Ben Greenfield
::: My Brand New World-Class Coaching Certification Program– KionU– is Open for Enrollment :::
Are you ready to take your health business to the highest level so you can transform your client's lives? KionU is a world-class personalized coaching certification in mind, body, and spirit optimization. This unique, comprehensive program is full of cutting-edge, research-based solutions that incorporate both ancestral wisdom and modern science, all based on my years of discoveries in health and fitness. This program is not for beginners. The material has been specifically designed and curated for health and fitness professionals who already hold a current certification or level of licensure, and want to take their practice or business to the next level. If that sounds like you, I’m personally inviting you to join KionU’s mission of redefining health as a combination of mental, physical, and spiritual optimization. The exclusive charter course for KionU launches this summer, and in it you’ll learn directly from me – live, on a weekly basis. Learn more and apply today!
::: Kion Father's Day Sale! :::
As a dad myself, I encourage you not to forget about Dad the Father's Day! Dad, Pop, Father… whatever he goes by, don't forget that this Sunday, June 17th is his day! Order his Father's Day gift today, and save 15% off everything by using code DAD15 at checkout.
– June 15 – 17, 2018: Revitalize Conference, Marana, Arizona. Each year, #mbgrevitalize gathers the world's most knowledgeable experts and influential thought leaders for discussions on the future of wellness for you. Join me and dozens of other inspiring leaders in the vibrant Sonoran Desert, the perfect home to revitalize. From spiritual sunrises to star-filled evening skies, this is a special place which will touch your soul. I will lead a nature hike during the conference on Sunday, June 17. Register today!
– June 23, 2018: Boise Sprint, Thomas Pence Ranch, Payette, Idaho. Don't let the beautiful scenery of Idaho fool you, this 3+ mile sprint will prove to be a formidable task for even the most seasoned Spartans. Register today and I will see you there!
– June 28 – July 22, 2018: Mind Valley U, Tallinn, Estonia. Mindvalley U is a month-long transformational event that is designed to create a university style education model for all ages. This will be one of those things you look back on and say: it changed my life. Mind Valley U will be held in Tallinn, Estonia. Tallinn, Estonia has one of the highest number of startups per capita and is one of the most cutting-edge tech nations in the world. Sign up, join me, and transform your life!
– July 14 – 15, 2018: Train to Hunt Nationals, Mesa, Colorado. Nationals are right around the corner and I'm eager to take the podium! If you are a hunter, then you understand how fitness can impact your season. There's no better way to prepare than through Train to Hunt challenges. Learn more here.
– July 19, 2018: Ancestral Health Symposium, Bozeman, Montana. “AHS” is a scientific conference which provides a forum so that learning and qualified discussion on all areas of human health can take place. Most noteworthy, at this conference you will go beyond diet and learn about the latest research across a wide range of topics, all united by an evolutionary perspective. speakers present on topics including diet, movement, sleep, stress, epigenetics, and more. Join me this summer!
– August 17 – 19, 2018: Colorado Rockies Ultra Beast and Sprint Weekend, Breckenridge, Colorado. The mountain is calling! This is an extra-special Spartan race. Team members from my company, Kion, and I are competing together in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Experience the immense beauty of Colorado while conquering climbs, crawls, carries and traverses. See you there!
– October 14-16, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference features a series of talks by leaders across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to invigorate your curiosity about health and amplify your life journey. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– October 11 – 14, 2018: 2018 RUNGA California Immersion Retreat. Runga is going to Napa! Join me, my wife, Jessa, Joe DiStefano and a small, intimate group of like-minded individuals for a weekend-long getaway. We’ve rented a beautiful mansion located in one of the most iconic countrysides in America– Napa Valley. We’ve thought of everything that you could possibly need to gently “press the reboot button” on your body and completely tune in to your heart, mind, body, strength, and spirit. Join the waitlist!
– December 2-8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Dominican Republic. You're invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. Join me in the Dominican Republic, one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean, for this retreat. In all RUNGA activities, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you'll be getting into, just click here. Use code BEN when you register so you get your gift when you arrive! I'll be there, too. Join the waitlist here.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Pic:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
Here’s a very scheduling tip to get more “deep work” done: https://t.co/jPz1uOX8LH
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) June 12, 2018
This Week's Most Popular Facebook Post:
"The Ultimate Ancestral Biohacked Diet"Occasionally – as is the case this week – my wife and children are out of town…
This Week's Most Popular Snapchat Story:
This week on Snapchat I showed you exactly how to do the Kion “Coffee Enema,” because trust me, there IS a *wrong* way to do it. ;) Follow me on Snapchat so you don't miss any of my biohacking antics and cool discoveries.
This Week's Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
Featured Product: Kion Flex
New and improved Kion Flex! Your trusted natural joint health supplement has now been upgraded to include the latest research-backed ingredients in clinically-proven dosages, while remaining as pure and effective as ever.
Whether you’re an athlete, outdoor enthusiast, or looking to feel your best as you age, joint health is key to maintaining an active lifestyle. Being proactive with the health of your joints can reduce the risk of exercise-related injuries and allow you to continue to do the activities you love for a lifetime.
Kion Flex is a natural supplement for joint health that’s been proven to*:
- Reduce mild, temporary joint discomfort from overuse
- Decrease exercise-related soreness and swelling
- Support a healthy inflammatory response to physical activity
- Promote optimal joint health, flexibility, and mobility
You deserve to feel phenomenal. Kion Flex is the natural, trusted solution you’ve been looking for to enjoy the active life you love. Pick some up here.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body? This Should Do The Trick:
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!