January 27, 2022
Several years ago, Andy Hnilo of the skin care and beauty company Alitura first joined me in the podcast “Deer Placenta Smoothies, Smearing Colostrum On Your Face, How To Use A Clay Mask & Much More.“
But Andy's been up to quite a bit since we last connected, including some very cool new formulations, an epic fragrance that I wrote about here, new face scrubs, and plenty more.
Andy Hnilo is a former athlete, model, and actor who had his life turned upside down. On March 20th, 2011, he was struck by a series of large vehicles while crossing a busy street, a trauma that resulted in seven broken ribs, a collapsed lung, and an extreme compound fracture.
Determined to come back even stronger, Andy was able to be back on the runway in less than 3 months. He was able to heal his skin by immersing himself in a diligent skincare routine that included a mineral-rich blend of four clays, organic superfoods, and nutrient-dense ingredients: a process that healed his body.
Andy is now the founder and CEO of Alitura, a company that makes life-changing skincare products with organic superfoods.
In this episode, you'll discover:
-How a horrific, disfiguring accident was the precursor to the Alitura products…08:15
- Alitura Clay Mask (use code BG20 to save 20%)
- The accident was a blessing in disguise in that it reunited his family
- The products were created purely out of necessity
-The importance of 6-hour colostrum from a grass-fed cow…16:11
- Colostrum has IGF-1 growth factors
- Kion Colostrum
- Joovv red light (Use code BEN to save $50 off your first purchase)
- Alitura Derma Roller (use code BG20 to save 20%)
-How the clay face mask was the first Alitura product…19:07
- Experimenting with different combos
- Upon a Clay Tablet by Jason R. Eaton
- Podcast with Cameron Chesnut:
- Once a week is sufficient for a guy for maintenance
- Othership app
- Robbie Bent
-Ben's Wacky Wednesday routine…22:47
- Coffee enema
- Mushroom or Lion's Mane tonic
- Foam rolling
- Infrared sauna (use code BEN for a discount and free shipping)
- Derma Roller (use code BG20 to save 20%)
- Clay mask (use code BG20 to save 20%)
–The proper, manly way to use a scrub…29:43
- Opens up pores prior to the clay mask
- The scrub is a small/medium/large tri-level exfoliant system with
- Mandelic acid
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Fulvic acid
- Pearl powder
- Squeeze a quarter-sized amount on to the palms; smoothen in an upward/out direction
- Jade roller after Derma rolling (use code BG20 to save 20%)
- Gua Sha stone
- Andy's routine:
- Derma roll
- Mix up the clay mask
-About the Alitura face Pearl cleanser…32:15
- Alitura Pearl Cleanser (use code BG20 to save 20%)
- Ben's ayurvedic morning routine includes
- Tongue scraping
- Coconut oil pulling
- Apply Cleanser on the face and rinse with warm water
- Remove harsh surfactants found in most cleansers
- Pearl Cleanser ingredients include:
- Pearl powder
- Tremella mushrooms
- Colloidal silver
- Olivoyl surfactant
- Many shave creams and cleansers contain endocrine disruptors
- Use the cleanser in the morning and at night
- Not worried about disrupting the microbiome
-A serum containing a copper peptide…37:11
- Gold Serum with GHK-Cu
- Podcast with Jay Campbell and Nick Andrews:
- Gold Serum can be used for shaving (Alitura's most popular product)
- Bottled in 100% miron glass
- 95% organic ingredients
- Plant-derived Vitamin A (alfalfa extract)
-Differentiating between the night cream and the serum…40:42
- The Gold Serum is a concentrated moisturizer that targets at a cellular level
- The Night Cream is a “moisturizer on steroids”; has Manuka honey
- Manuka honey is good for scars
-The most versatile beard oil on the market…43:18
- Santal Black (use code BG20 to save 20%)
- Can be used as a massage oil
- Use as a “personal lubricant”
- Province Apothecary sex oil
- Alitura Moisturizer (use code BG20 to save 20%)
-The fragrance Ben swears by…46:11
- Alitura Presence (use code BG20 to save 20%)
- BGF Article on the Alitura Presence:
- Used by men and women
- All natural ingredients
-Ben's response to men who resist the concept of beautifying themselves…50:37
- Confidence booster
-What's to come from Alitura in the next year or so…54:02
- Meteorite Scrub is coming out!
- Eye-specific gel
- Hair and body wash
- Peptide-derived Lip plumper/protectant
- Go to bengreenfieldfitness.com/aliturapodcast
-And much more…
- FreeDiving Summit (February 1 – 3, 2022)
- Six Senses Retreat Portugal (March 7 – 11, 2022)
- Keep up on Ben's LIVE appearances by following bengreenfieldlife.com/calendar
Click here for the full written transcript of this podcast episode.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
– Andy Hnilo:
- Alitura (use code BG20 to save 20%)
- Deer Placenta Smoothies, Smearing Colostrum On Your Face, How To Use A Clay Mask & Much More.
- Upon a Clay Tablet by Jason R. Eaton
– BGF Podcasts and Articles:
- The Big Beauty Podcast: Anti-Aging, Hair Growth, Gray Hair, Baldness, Beauty Myths & Beauty Truths, Dermarolling vs. Microneedling, Scars & Stretch Marks, Testosterone, DHT & Much More With Dr. Cameron Chesnut.
- The 2 Most Potent Hair Growth & Hair Loss Reversal Molecules Known To Humankind: C60 & GHK-Cu – A Big Hair Podcast With Auxano’s Jay Campbell & Nick Andrews.
- Deadly Scents: How To Keep Your Fragrance From Slowly Killing You (& The Only Cologne Ben Greenfield Uses).
– Other Resources:
- Kion Colostrum
- JOOVV (Use code BEN to save $50 off your first purchase)
- Kion Coffee
- Foursigmatic Lion's Mane Mix
- Foam Roller
- Clearlight Infrared Sauna (use code BEN for a discount and free shipping)
- Jade Roller
- Gua Sha Stone
- Tongue Scraper
- Oil Pulling Mouthwash
- Province Apothecary Sex Oil
- Othership App
- Robbie Bent
- Insulin-Like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1): A Growth Hormone
- “Honey” Can Prevent Epidural Fibrosis Development After Laminectomy: An Experimental Study
–Kion Aminos: Building blocks for muscle recovery, reduced cravings, better cognition, immunity, and more.
–Organifi Red Juice: Enjoy all the benefits of the 11 superfoods and their micronutrients that help increase resting metabolism, support cardiovascular health, and remove toxins to turn back the hands of time! Receive a 20% discount on your entire order when you use discount code BEN.
–Tru Kava: Kava is a powerful plant-based stress relieving, Nootropic drink from islands in the South Pacific that has been highly regarded for 3000 years as a safe, natural, non-addictive alternative to drugs and alcohol. Use code BEN for 10% off.
–Butcher Box: Delivers healthy 100% grass-fed and finished beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door on a monthly basis. All their products are humanely raised and NEVER given antibiotics or hormones.
5 thoughts on “Insider Beauty Secrets For Men, Can You Eat Your Skin Care Products, How & Why To Smear Grass-Fed Colostrum On Your Face & Much More With Andy Hnilo Of Alitura.”
Thank you for the great information.
I already ordered my package!
Any recommendation for a soggy neck?
Ben, Andy—what’s your suggested timing on shaving (morning, evening, before or after shower), and separately, how often do you recommend showering particularly when you have one “main” workout later in the day but are “greasing the groove” with mini bouts of exercise during the rest of the day?
I’ve had gentle rosacea (smeared redness) on my cheeks for north of 20. I’ve pretty much attempted each skin and laser treatment accessible with next to zero outcomes. Additionally I eat a really severe meat based eating routine in trusts as I probably am aware many skin issues start from stomach wellbeing. I’ve attempted the cleaning agent and earth veil (which appears to bother/blush my face). Ideas on some other items I should try?Also I’ve heard blended audits on derma-rolling. Could you suggest this in any event, for those with gentle rosacea?
People over 40 have built their careers and achieved their goals. But https://bestdatingsitesforover40.net/ some of them suffer because they don’t have romantic relationships after divorce or because of the lack of friends. In this case, dating sites for professionals over 40 is what you need. There are hundreds of them on the Net. That is why it can be hard to choose the right portal suitable exactly for you. If your goal is to meet singles over 40, keep reading this useful article.
I’ve had mild rosacea (blotchy redness) on my cheeks for over 20. I’ve just about tried every topical and laser treatment available with little to no results. Also I eat a pretty strict meat based diet in hopes as I know many skin issues start from gut health. I’ve tried the cleanser and clay mask (which seems to irritate/redden my face). Suggestions on any other products I should try?Also I’ve heard mixed reviews on derma-rolling. Would you recommend this even for those with mild rosacea?