September 18, 2021
Have a question you'd like Ben to answer on the podcast?
Click here, or use the ‘contact' button in the free Ben Greenfield Fitness app.
Prior to asking your question, do a search in the upper right-hand corner of this website for the keywords associated with your question. Many of the questions we receive have already been answered here at Ben Greenfield Fitness!
News Flashes – Follow Ben on Twitter for more…
A knee or hip “replacement” without surgery? It’s on the horizon…01:15
- The most sustainable foods–from seaweed to venison…11:43
The corruption of the human diet…EXCELLENT summary of everywhere we've “gone wrong”…15:55
- “5 Anti-Aging Nootropics that Scientists Believe May Defeat Death”…25:50
- In my opinion, the BEST pre-workout mix you can make yourself that beats the pants off anything on the market is:
5 g creatine
50-100 mg caffeine (a small cup of coffee or in time-release tablets)
1 serving ketone esters
10 g essential amino acids and
- ½ teaspoon sodium bicarbonate (baking soda).
- 3–9.5 g of creatine monohydrate per day for 7–52 weeks alongside resistance training is BOMB, especially for seniors looking for muscle gain/maintenance. Read more here…34:41
- Join me and my wife Jessa at Runga for The Gathering. Click here to grab one of the very limited spots we have open to the public for The Gathering at Runga (October 7-9, 2021).
- Las Vegas Keto Expo (October 15-16, 2021). Ben will be speaking at the Las Vegas Keto Expo along with 13 other keto experts. The first 300 guests to register here will get a free drink chip for the poolside party and a free t-shirt.
- Keep up on Ben's LIVE appearances by following bengreenfieldfitness.com/calendar
- Marc Pro electrical muscle stimulation device
- RootCause MD: The Corruption Of The Human Diet
- Auxano Grow
- NR/NMN/NAD (use code GREENFIELD10 to save 10%)
- Alms Bio Glutathione (use code BENGREENFIELD10 to save 10%)
- Quicksilver Glutathione (use code GREENFIELD10 to save 10%)
- CoQ10 as Ubiquinol
- Infopathy pre-workout complex (Ben Greenfield's Pre-Workout Mix)
- Infopathy: Ben Greenfield's Stem Cells
- Beetroot powder
- Organifi Red Juice
- The Secret Darling Of The Nutrition Supplements Industry & Why Ben Greenfield Has Changed His Mind On Amino Acids: Myths, Deception & Truth Of BCAAs vs. EAAs.
- Ladder app
–The Boundless Cookbook: Optimize your physical and mental performance with nutritious and delicious Greenfield family recipes. This is your roadmap to a culinary journey that includes ancient food and wild game preparation tactics, biohacked smoothies, meat rubs, cocktails, desserts, and beyond—without any restrictive diet, limited ingredients, or tasteless “health foods”! Order yours today here!
Check out Ben on Instagram for epic posts and photos about his morning, day, and evening routines, recipes, and much more!
Follow Ben on Twitter for daily news flashes and the latest health, fitness, and anti-aging research.
Join Ben's Facebook page for conversations with listeners and even more useful information, posts, and support!
Click here for the full written transcript of this podcast episode.
–Kion Aminos: Building blocks for muscle recovery, reduced cravings, better cognition, immunity, and more.
–Organifi Glow: A plant-based beverage that helps support the body’s natural ability to produce collagen, smooth fine lines, and wrinkles, and protect the skin from sun exposure and toxins. Receive a 20% discount on your entire order when you use discount code BENG20.
–Paleo Valley Beef Sticks: 100% grass-fed AND grass-finished. Keto friendly and higher levels of Omega 3 Fatty Acids. Receive a 15% discount off your order when you go to paleovalley.com/ben
–Thrive Market: Organic brands you love, for less. Your favorite organic food and products. Fast and free shipping to your doorstep. Receive a gift card worth up to $20 when you begin a new membership.
Listener Q&A :
Q: Can NAD Be Used For Psychiatric Conditions Such As ADD Or ADHD?…46:45
In my response:
Q: What About Some Of The Sleep Aids Affecting The Brain?…50:15
In my response, I recommend:
Q: Why Do I Crave Food After Taking A Cold Shower?…56:35
In my response, I recommend:
- Glucose Disposal Agents:
- Feel Free Kava Botanic Tonics (use code BEN40 to save 40%)
- Kion Aminos
- Ketone Esters
Q: Why Do I Feel So Sluggish Every Morning?…1:03:45
In my response, I recommend:
- Sleep inertia
- BGF podcast with Dr. Bhaswati Bhattacharya:
- Full-body red light panels (JOOVV)
- Foam rolling
- BGF article:
- The Five Tibetan Rites
- Andrew Huberman podcast: Maximizing Productivity, Physical & Mental Health With Daily Tools
3 thoughts on “Q&A 435: 5 Death-Defying Supplements, What Foods Kill You Fastest, The Best Pre-Workout Mix, Carb Cravings After Cold Thermogenesis & Much More!”
I used to work with Dr. Ruth Patrick who lived to be over 100. She’s not as well known as she should have been, but she was a contemporary of Rachel Carson and was an early woman environmental scientist. She accredited her ability to live so long to eating hot dogs from the museum cafeteria at lunch…so you know, take that longevity foods study with a grain of salt. She DID have a mission in life and was actually still coming to the office at 100, but very part-time at that point. So it was probably that that was the TRUE secret, but all those hot dogs didn’t stop her.
I have lost so much respect for you for getting the shot. This isn’t even a vaccine. It is a bioweapon and changes your DNA. I cannot believe you study so much about health and now have willingly been a part of being the experiment as a pawn for the most crooked, corrupt president in history. No words. I pray that your children will not get the vaccine! And I am wondering if you wear a mask as well? Outside?
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!