August 30, 2019
Welcome to Ben Greenfield's Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield's discoveries, from the latest news on the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I'm Trying, Books I'm Reading, And More!
– Excellent Book I'm Reading With My 11 Year Old Twin Boys
Chop Wood, Carry Water – If you like the Jocko Willink style “Way Of The Warrior Kid” series (which are also quite good), you'll dig this book, which is all about how to love and grow in the practice of becoming great and learning discipline. It's a simple, elegant read about a boy named John who decides to study archery and become a samurai warrior. Guided by an “Akira-sensei,” John comes to realize the greatest adversity on his journey will be the challenge of defeating the man in the mirror. This powerful story of one boy's journey to achieve his life long goal of becoming a samurai warrior clarifies the process of achieving great things in life in a powerful and memorable way.
Some things you will learn…
- No matter how it feels, you are always building your own house.
- How and why you must surrender to the outcome in order to be at your best.
- Why you never want to have your identity wrapped up in what you do.
- Why your strength lies in faithfulness to the little things.
- How to develop a heart posture of gratitude.
- How to use the biggest challenges as a training ground for greatness.
- Why the process is more important than the goal.
- Why comparison is the thief of all joy.
- How to develop a growth mindset.
- Why talent is more of a curse than a blessing.
Grab the book here in Kindle or paperback. Well worth a read.
– Brand New Obstacle Course Training Plan I Just Launched!
I'm proud to announce that the brand-spankin' new “Train Like The Pros” obstacle course training and Spartan prep plan is officially LIVE at ObstacleDominator.com! (code: OBDOMVIP will save you 20%)
Are you an already fit athlete or a total newbie who doesn’t need constant feedback and communication from a coach, but does want to plug in intelligent, targeted sessions to your training schedule? For each day—delivered in an instantly downloadable PDF you can view on your computer, phone or e-reader, and print with zero restrictions—you’ll receive a complete plan with clear execution and purpose on each session for every training day.
You can also add this on to the FULL Obstacle Dominator Package at ObstacleDominator.com, which includes:
- Obstacle Dominator Training Manual: 6 Complete Obstacle Race Training Plans For All Levels – never guess about training again.
- Obstacle Dominator 2.0 Training Plan – top-secret training methods of Hunter McIntyre revealed.
- Pro Athlete Insider Interview Series – tap into the minds of the experts.
- Obstacle Dominator Video Instructions – learn the exact skills to conquer every obstacle.
- How to Create Your Own Obstacle Course – discover how to make your own affordable and easy obstacles.
- Inside The Mind Of A Spartan: Top Secret Controversial Interview With Spartan CEO Joe DeSena – glimpse inside the mind of the world’s most influential man in obstacle racing.
- Obstacle Dominator Fuel: Complete Nutrition Plan for Obstacle Training & Racing – burn fat, build lean muscle, and never run out of energy.
- Complete Obstacle Dominator Video Course – over three hours of HD video content that takes all the guesswork out of obstacles.
- Obstacle Dominator Mental Tactics Guide – the same Navy SEAL systems used by the world’s top warriors before they go to battle
Check it all out and more now at ObstacleDominator.com, and for the next TWO WEEKS use code: OBDOMVIP to save 20%!
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Articles I Published This Week:
My full article feed and all past archives of my articles are here if you want to check out past articles.
::: The Most Comprehensive, Research-based Blueprint For Full-body, Brain, and Spirit Optimization :::
I’m putting the finishing touches on my new book, “Boundless.“
Jam-packed with knowledge from the trenches and the lab that is instantly accessible to the layperson, health professional, and extreme athlete alike.
In it, you’ll find the most up-to-date, cutting-edge research on every strategy, tool, biohack, and resource for enhancing performance, fat loss, digestion, recovery, immunity, cognition, hormones, sleep, and longevity.
Boundless is the last guide you will ever need to unlock all the expert advice necessary to live a joyful, adventurous, and fulfilling life.
Head to Boundlessbook.com and register to be the first to get updates on my new book coming to everywhere you can buy books early next year.
::: Get This Awesome Self-Care eBook For FREE :::
Dr. Melissa Sonner's eBook, Self-Care Simplified, teaches you how to put yourself at the top of your to-do list.
A mother of three, Dr. Sonners stopped taking care of herself, like a lot of us do when we put our children first. That only worked for so long before her world came crashing down. After progressively feeling worse and worse, she had her blood tested and discovered that she had Lyme disease, which then set up shop in her brain and nervous system, giving her encephalitis and meningitis.
Dr. Melissa now often says that contracting Lyme was one of the best things to happen to her because it forced her to make a decision: She could feel this way (or worse) for the rest of her life or take it upon herself to make some major and not-so-easy changes in her life.
She created systems to make it easier to remember to take care of herself—and in the pages of this book, she shares them with you for free.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
I've studied the science, seen first-hand what works and what doesn't, and most importantly, know how to help you make lasting changes to become the best version of yourself – for good. I've also trained an entire army of Kion Coaches, and with our support, you'll no longer have to struggle to decipher conflicting health information, only to end up confused and unmotivated.
Are you looking to achieve peak physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Every day, I work with people just like you to help them achieve their goals with personalized health advice and one-of-a-kind nutrition and fitness plans. My schedule gets filled quickly, so be sure to book your one-on-one consultation with me today.
Kion Coaches are certified in the same holistic approach I take to mind, body, and spiritual health. In addition to being trained by yours truly, these folks are qualified professionals, ranging from personal trainers to nutritionists, chiropractors, elite athletes, psychologists, medical doctors, and more. Just click here to view the full coach directory and to find the ideal coach for you and your unique goals!
– September 12 – 15, 2019: RUNGA Immersion, Napa Valley, California. I attend this total mind-body reboot retreat each year with my wife, Jessa, to connect with a handful of friends and YOU can one of them! I would love if you could join me at this retreat. Click here for details on this incredible event!
– September 27 – 29, 2019: Spartan World Championships, Squaw Valley, California. Right beside Lake Tahoe, this epic venue was once host to the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. Join me there for the greatest obstacle course race in North Tahoe Lake, Olympic Village, CA. Sign up here!
Featured Product: Kion Bar (Back To School Sale Ends Tomorrow!)
One of my favorite things to grab when I'm traveling, running out the door for a long hike or adventure, or when I'm just hankerin' for a delicious chocolatey snack, is the Kion Bar.
This bar is something I formulated specifically for active individuals who need a clean, real-food source of energy on the go. It's hypoallergenic and guilt-free, and jam-packed with a unique blend of ingredients that support energy without excess carbohydrates or artificial ingredients. Chia seeds, almonds, coconut, and cacao nibs also give it an amazing crunch and texture that's much more satisfying to eat than the gooey mash that makes up your average energy bar.
And if you're looking for a more “indulgent” way to eat these things, try them with a piping hot cup of coffee—or my favorite—crumbled on top of some Oatmeal Cookie Halo Top ice cream. Bon appetit!
Check out the Kion Bar, and use code: BACK2SCHOOL to save 20% on up to 4 boxes, now until Saturday, August 31 at 11:59 PM MT.
This Week's Most Popular Instagram Post:
This Week's Most Popular Tweet:
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) August 27, 2019
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
It’s INSANE how conventional medicine treats diabetes… and here’s what happens when you “break the rules”.Click the link to learn more.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!