March 24, 2022
Have a question you'd like Ben to answer on the podcast?
Click here, or use the ‘contact' button in the free Ben Greenfield Fitness app.
Prior to asking your question, do a search in the upper right-hand corner of this website for the keywords associated with your question. Many of the questions we receive have already been answered here at Ben Greenfield Fitness!
News Flashes – Follow Ben on Twitter for more…
- Doctors slam influencers for ingesting fish tank cleaner to fight aging and MEDICAL EXPERT ISSUES WARNING ABOUT FISH TANK DISINFECTANT CRAZE…01:53
Beyond Probiotics: 3 Powerful Tools For Healing The Gut Biome by @KeenanEriksson in @bttrhumans….15:08
What happens when you eat pure gluten powder but are also following a low FODMAP diet (hint: unless you have celiac disease, it's the FODMAPs, not the gluten, that is likely responsible for gut “issues”)…28:30
If you're on a low FODMAP diet and experiencing constipation, try a non-fermentable form of fiber (they used sugarcane in the study, but I think chia seed slurry works quite well)…31:51
- The other day I accidentally soaked what I thought were chia seeds, but they were poppy seeds. After 2 days of being frustrated about how slowly my chia seeds were softening, I realized my mistake, tossed the poppy seeds, and chugged the water. I felt GREAT all day. Then I discovered that I basically homemade liquid morphine. Has anybody else tried this? Studies here and here….38:45
- Worms to the rescue for sustainable protein for muscle growth and maintenance. Who's with me?…45:00
- The latest on bitter melon and blood sugar (hint: it freaking works). Bitter melon extract, btw, is a KEY component of the fat loss supplement I helped to design, Kion Lean. Pop two anytime you eat carbs and thank me later.😉…48:30
- Lemon juice is a cheap hack to lower your blood glucose after a meal…53:07
- This study had participants perform the same amount of resistance training split into either two or four workouts per week. There was no difference between groups for changes in strength or lean mass…54:01
- Hanu Health
- Troscriptions (use code BEN to save 10%)
- Dr. Michael Major
- P3OM by Bioptimizers
- Seed Daily Synbiotic
- Ancient Nutrition soil-based probiotic
- Super Gut by Dr. William Davis
- Gut Healing Yogurt:
- Podcast with Dr. Zach Bush:
- Lignite, redox signaling
- Dr. Bush's RESTORE gut health product (use code “BEN15” for 15% discount)
- Kion Colostrum
- Elemental Diet
- Boundless by Ben Greenfield
- Elemental Heal Powder
- Thorne SGS Powder
- Kion Aminos
- Pendulum Akkermansia
- Intestinal Permeability Assessment by Genova Diagnostics
- Akasha sea moss (use code BEN10 to save 10%)
- Pumpkin puree on Amazon
- Chia seeds
- Niacinamide powder
- Bear Grylls
- Kion Lean
- RUNGA: The Gathering (May 12-14, 2022). Register for the event now by clicking here (only 50 spots available)
- Health Optimization Summit, May 22-29, 2022
- Keep up on Ben's LIVE appearances by following bengreenfieldlife.com/calendar
–The Boundless Cookbook: Optimize your physical and mental performance with nutritious and delicious Greenfield family recipes. This is your roadmap to a culinary journey that includes ancient food and wild game preparation tactics, biohacked smoothies, meat rubs, cocktails, desserts, and beyond—without any restrictive diet, limited ingredients, or tasteless “health foods”! Order yours today here!
Check out Ben on Instagram for epic posts and photos about his morning, day, and evening routines, recipes, and much more!
Follow Ben on Twitter for daily news flashes and the latest health, fitness, and anti-aging research.
Join Ben's Facebook page for conversations with listeners and even more useful information, posts, and support!
Q: Tips for healing an injured hand, after having tried everything under the sun…57:05
In my response, I recommend:
- Aubrey Marcus' podcast
- Ben's Podcast with Aubrey Marcus:
- Podcast with Tony Robbins and Peter Diamandis:
- Dr. Matt Cook and podcasts:
- Did Ben Greenfield Get Vaccinated (Yet?), Can You Get COVID Twice, The Latest On Omicron, Treating Long Haul COVID & Much More With Dr. Matt Cook.
- Kiss Gas & Bloating Goodbye With Dr. Matt Cook: The Complete Done-For-You Guide To Eliminating SIBO Once & For All (Along With Sex, Trauma, PTSD, Ozone Dialysis & More!).
- Everything You Need To Know For Antivirus & Immune System Enhancement: A Special One-Two Podcast Episode With Dr. Matt Cook, Dr. Matt Dawson, & Dr. Michael Mallin.
- Killing Mold & Mycotoxins For Good, The Craziest IVs You Can Get For Energy, Fixing Knees & Back Without Surgery & Much More With Dr. Matt Cook.
- What You Didn’t Know About CBD & THC, Fixing Lyme Disease, The Full Body Blood Change Reboot, Peptides 101, Hyperthermia & Much More!
- Immortal Cells, Biohacking Pain, Killing Lyme, Stem Cell Confusion, How Ketamine Works & Much More With Dr. Matt Cook.
- Dr. Phil Lenoue
- Exosome Therapy
- Nerve Hydrodissection
- Bioreset Medical
Click here for the full written transcript of this podcast episode.
–The GSD Network: James Newcomb, Ben's longtime podcast producer, and his team have a few openings to produce audio shows for motivated individuals. If you need the “soup to nuts” treatment for your show or need help getting your own show off the ground, check it out and see if it's a good fit! Use the QR code below to go directly to the GSD Network site.
–Endure: My new book, Endure, is now available for pre-order! I’ll gift you the first three chapters of Endure as an instantly downloadable e-book and I'll give you a sweet discount on the exact journal my family and I developed and use each day, The Spiritual Disciplines Journal.
–Magnesium Breakthrough: Top 7 forms of magnesium for stress and better sleep, ALL IN 1 BOTTLE. Get a 10% discount when you use my link.
–Dry Farm Wines: Dry Farm Wines is offering an extra bottle in your first box for a penny (because it’s alcohol, it can’t be free). See all the details and collect your wine at dryfarmwines.com/bgf
–Organifi Apple Green Juice: The new green juice crisp apple is made with organic, wholesome, hand-picked apples. And tastes like a fresh juicy slice in every sip. If mint just isn’t for you, this refreshing new recipe certainly is. Making it the first of its kind the whole family will love. Go to organifi.com/Ben for 20% off your order.
–Kion Sleep: Contains only natural ingredients with long clinical research history behind them that are safe to take every night. There’s no grogginess: You’ll wake up feeling refreshed, recovered, and energized!
–Runga – The Gathering (May 12-14 in Austin, TX): For all the details and to apply for one of the limited spots at this incredible event, head on over to BenGreenfieldFitness.com/RUNGA
10 thoughts on “Q&A 441: Methylene Blue Madness, Gut Healing Mega-Newsflash, Homemade Morphine, Cheap Blood Sugar Hacks, Training 2 Vs. 4 Times Per Week & Much More!”
Question for Methylene Blue: keeping dosage small is important. If running an endurance event can it be dosed repeatedly? How quickly would it process through the system and need “reloaded”? Specifically asking for events lasting 6-24hours.
Great podcast! I really want to make the yogurt but I don’t have a dehydrator or yogurt maker. My oven doesn’t go lower than 170 degrees – can I do it at this temperature? or will that kill the bacteria? Also, can I take it out for an hour or so if I need to use my oven over the course of the 36 hours (gotta feed the fam!)?
170 would def be way too high and kill the bacteria. You want to stay around 100 degrees for the l-reuteri strain for 30-36 hours but 36 hours is the sweet spot for maximum benefits.
You could use a pressure cooker or get a yogurt make online for around 40 bucks.
Always enjoy your Q and A’s. Very informative regarding digestive health. Thank you!
What amount of bitters do you use in your bitter lemon mocktail?
What are you thoughts on using the Pendulum Akkermansia to make yogurt instead of or in addition to the L-reuteri? That Pendulum subscription is pretty pricy and I’ve actually been making the L-reteuri yoghurt for about a year now and its just so easy! It makes my smoothy smile.
Didn’t appreciate James’political comments re Fox news. C’ Mon, can’t we get away from politics?
Been listening to Ben Greenfield for years, but really enjoying this new side of him. It’s fun to see people evolve and be apart of their journey. A
appreciate the comment Brandon :)
Q&As are my fav
Sea moss is interesting. Is it mostly soluble fiber? I wasn’t able to determine that at Akasha website. Also, any idea of nutrition facts?