Aug 2, 2018, Q&A Episode 388: Why Your Muscles Shake When You Exercise, How To Heal Joints With Celadrin and What Is The Best Temperature For Hydrotherapy?
Special Announcements [00:27:35]
This podcast is brought to you by:
-Halo – The Halo headset applies electrical stimulation to the brain’s motor cortex to induce a temporary state of hyperlearning. Get this truly innovative product for just $475 – that’s $275 off the retail price at gethalosport.com/greenfield
-Onnit – Go to BenGreenfieldFitness.com/ONNIT and save 10% on your awesome health and wellness purchase. The discount is built into the link.
–Click here to follow Ben on Snapchat, and get ready for some epic stories about his morning, day and evening routine!
– August 17 – 19, 2018: Colorado Rockies Ultra Beast and Sprint Weekend, Breckenridge, Colorado. The mountain is calling! This is an extra-special Spartan race. Team members of my company, Kion, and I are competing together in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Experience the immense beauty of Colorado while conquering climbs, crawls, carries and traverses. See you there!
– October 14-16, 2018: SPARK BioHacking Conference, Toronto, Ontario. The 2018 SPARK Bio-Hack Conference features a series of talks by leaders across a range of fields with an eye on optimizing human performance, recovery, and longevity. Researchers, medical specialists and other biohacking experts will share provocative, informative, and inspiring presentations meant to invigorate your curiosity about health and amplify your life journey. Registration is now open, secure your spot here.
– October 11 – 14, 2018: 2018 RUNGA California Immersion Retreat. Runga is going to Napa! Join me, my wife, Jessa, Joe DiStefano and a small, intimate group of like-minded individuals for a weekend-long getaway. We’ve rented a beautiful mansion located in one of the most iconic countrysides in America– Napa Valley. We’ve thought of everything that you could possibly need to gently “press the reboot button” on your body and completely tune in to your heart, mind, body, strength, and spirit. Join the waitlist!
– December 2-8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Dominican Republic. You're invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. Join me in the Dominican Republic, one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean, for this retreat. In all RUNGA activities, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you'll be getting into, just click here. Use code BEN when you register so you get your gift when you arrive! I'll be there, too. Join the waitlist here.
– June 23 to July 7, 2019: Swiss Retreat and Liver Detox, Swiss Alps, Switzerland. Join me for an immersive health retreat on the Swiss Alps in 2019. Just click here to know more or reserve your spot now.
Giveaways & Goodies [01:10:50]
-Grab your Official Ben Greenfield Fitness Gear package that comes with a tech shirt, a beanie and a water bottle.
-And of course, this week's top iTunes review – gets some BG Fitness swag straight from Ben – click here to leave your review for a chance to win some!
If you like shorter fitness podcasts, check out Brock's podcast Get-Fit Guy over on the Quick and Dirty Tips network.
As compiled, deciphered, edited and sometimes read by Brock Armstrong, the Podcast Sidekick.
Why Your Muscles Shake When You Exercise [00:35:10]
Garett says: My question relates to whenever I do strength or resistance training my muscles tend to tremble and shake. And this has been happening since high school and I am 31 now. When it happens my friends tend to joke that I am trying to out lift my potential or that I am too weak to lift the weights at hand (which is not the case). I have read that it could be from dehydration but I drink a ton of water. Do you have any idea what might be causing this or a supplement that might help temper it, I would love to know.
How To Heal Your Joints With Celadrin [00:52:58]
Will says: What do you think of the supplement Celadrin. It contains something called esterified fatty acid carbons. Supposedly it is good for joints and tendons. I didn't have much of an idea what this means. I know certain fatty acids (like MCT oils and the like) are good for you but I wasn't sure about these ones. Can you help us out?
What Is The Best Temperature For Hydrotherapy [00:59:10]
Sheridan says: I was wondering what temperature you keep your hot tub at when you are doing your heat therapy. Is hotter better? Is there a sweet spot temperature wise or does it depend on what result you are after?